Day 19: Past the halfway mark!
I have so much to say, wish I had time to update this blog more often...
Ok, so in a nutshell, I'll try summarize where I am at this stage of the vegan experiment:
- Although the idea of 'walking a mile in a vegan's shoes' was not one of the original intentions of this exercise, it has been an interesting side-effect. I feel a huge empathy for my vegan friends! It is not an easy way to live in today's society.
- The healthy side-effects of this little experiment have been amazing! My energy levels are much better, I sleep like the dead and wake up feeling rested and refreshed. If I gave up sugar too I might feel like I can fly!
- Confession: I have only stuck to it about 98%... had sushi with mayo twice (once knowingly) and ate a pig's ear (the pastry, not an ACTUAL pig's ear). This is better than I thought I would do actually!
- It has changed the way I eat for the better. I know I will drastically reduce the amount of meat, chicken and milk from my diet going forward. I had strong vegetarian tendencies before anyway.
- Regardless of all the positives, I've reached a stage where I'm beginning to feel like it's enough... I know I will make it to 31 January but I'm starting to look forward to the end now. And my first meal in Feb will be EGGS!!! :)