I live in the wonderful and volatile city of Joburg in South Africa. Sometimes I get the urge to write stuff down. This is where it lives.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Other names for my cat




My Winston has been called many things since he adopted me in November 2000.

For the longest time I'm sure he thought his name was "Stop it!" (and when he scratches on the cupboards at 4am he still gets called that... along with a spray of water!).

These are some of the other things he gets called these days:
"Tyson" - because he has a girly high-pitched meow (like Mike Tyson's voice).
"Piglet" - when he munches all his food and then gobbles up Shika's too.
"Happy Cat/Purry Monster" - when he purrs so loudly we think he might explode!
"Tiger/Viscious Thing" - when he attacks!
"Shnookums" - what I call him when I get home from work and have missed him all day.
"Blinky the Wonder Cat" - this is Justin's name for him for when he fights with Shika and she kicks him in the eye so hard he keeps blinking for days...

But mostly he's just my baby ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamarai said...

Aaaaw. Love it. And he is too cute!

And I miss my babies too and they get spoiled rotten.

Mischa is known as Mu or Madam. Since Tinkie has been following in Mischa's footsteps, we have dubbed Tinkie Mini-Mu or Little Madam.

3:11 pm

 
Blogger A shade of Red said...

Lovely post! He looks so comfortable and he IS gorgeous. I have more 'love' names for Cyannie than for Jane ;)

12:37 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home