I live in the wonderful and volatile city of Joburg in South Africa. Sometimes I get the urge to write stuff down. This is where it lives.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

An interesting issue

I was watching CSI the other night and it made me think. (WARNING: spoilers ahead if you haven't yet seen season 6!)
.
.
.
.
.

Two families, both with missing teenage daughters. The murdered body of one is found. The parents are naturally distraught. The other parents brace themselves for the worst - but it turns out their daughter is alive and well, and is actually the one who killed the other girl.

So, is it worse to find out you've lost a son or daughter - or that your child is a murderer?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tamarai said...

I can't imagine that either would be a good option.

I think that finding out your kid is a murderer.

3:33 pm

 
Blogger A shade of Red said...

Don't we get taught / conditioned to believe that our parents will love us no matter what... as a mom to be, what would you prefer?

2:49 pm

 
Blogger dori said...

I think nothing is worse than losing the child. No matter what they've done - even if it's unforgiveable - at least they would still be around...

If they are 'pure evil' and have no remorse that might be pretty damn hard to deal with though.

6:08 pm

 
Blogger Tamarai said...

I'd be wondering where I have gone wrong and what evil thing I must've done to my kid to turn him/her into a killer. That, I think, would be worse.

9:47 pm

 
Blogger dori said...

Indeed - a very valid point...

4:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home